The first versions of sangria are thought to date back over 2,000 years, when Romans traveling through the Iberian Peninsula planted vineyards along the way. Drinking water was typically fortified with wine, spices, and herbs since it was harmful to drink.
In the 1800s, the first versions of what we now call sangria were concocted in England and France, and sangria became popular after its formal arrival in the United States at the 1964 World's Fair in New York.
By infusing the Sangria with Nitro to create a luxury mouth feel and enrich the flavour profile of the drink, this recipe adds a little twist to what is considered a timeless classic.
- 80 ml Monin Cold Brew Coffee Concentrate
- 60 ml Monin Sangria Mix Syrup
- 390 ml water
- 470 ml Tonic water
- 20 × dashes Orange Bitter
How to make nitro sangria
- Stir the Monin Cold Brew Coffee Concentrate into the water and put all other ingredients together, then pour through a Funnel & Sieve into the iSi Nitro whip.
- Charge with an iSi Nitro Charger, shake eight times.
- Pour straight into a glass.
Use a second iSi Nitro Charger for a more intense taste experience.