Nitro cold brew coffee recipe that you can make at home.
Nitro cold brew coffee is made by charging the base cold brew with nitrogen to give it a rich, creamy head and mouth feel similar to that of nitro draft beer such as the renown Guinness. Previously creating Nitro coffee at home required expensive commercial equipment which would not be suited to small batch, Home brewing coffee lovers.
Using the legendary iSi Nitro coffee dispenser + iSi Nitro chargers we can achieve premium nitro coffee at home at an affordable price point. With iSi products we can be sure of high quality and longevity similar to that of a Rolls Royce.
What was once a technique beloved by beer-obsessed homebrewers in the early 2010s is now one of coffee's biggest and most inescapable trends.
Nitro cold brew Ingredients
- 1L Water
- 80g Coffee, coarsely ground (100% Arabica)
How nitro cold brew is made
The first step to creating our Nitro cold brew recipe is to create our un-charged cold brew coffee base layer.
Cold brew coffee recipe:
- Coarsely grind your coffee beans until the size of sugar granules.
- Add 80g of coarsely ground coffee to 1ltr of filtered water.
- Store your 1Ltr coffee concentrate solution in your fridge for 12-20 hours. The longer it is steeped the stronger it will be - This is not always a good thing. My preference is 15 hours, Personally^ it will take trail and error to find your perfect brew strength.
(If you prefer to speed this process up you can always use the "cold brew rapid infusion recipe" - utilising N20 + Whipped cream dispenser for an infusion in minutes instead of hours)
Creating your Nitro charged coffee.
- Filter your cold brew coffee concentrate into separate clean jar using a sieve and filter paper.
- Fill your iSi nitro dispenser with your 1ltr of Cold brew coffee.
- Screw on the head and use 1 iSi nitro cartridge
- Shake 10 times and you are ready to serve!
Your Nitro cold brew coffee will last for up to 10 days when stored in your refrigerator when stored inside of your dispenser.
To consume your nitro infused beverage, Hold your dispenser upside down and press the lever and fill your glass. Its that simple.
Nitro cold brew coffee questions asked & Answered!
Q: "Can i make nitro cold brew in a whipped cream dispenser?"N2O is a completely different gas with altogether different chemical characteristics than pure Nitrogen: the Nitro Charger's pressure is three times higher! Customers safety necessitated the development of an entirely new system and bottle for Nitro applications (new higher pressure rated components, a thicker bottle and so on).
As a precaution, we highly advise against using N2 Chargers in any cream whipping device, as they are not built to handle this much pressure (especially the whipped cream dispensers with plastic or aluminium heads).
Besides this pressure issue, the Nitro System is specifically intended for Nitrogen usage (for example, the design and operation of the tip is a project in itself), so you get the greatest results possible. You'll never get the same results with a standard whipped cream dispenser tip/nozzle.
We hope that you enjoy our nitro cold brew coffee recipe! If you have tried it and liked it or have any questions / Tips / Suggestions, Please comment below! :)