This ginger gin recipe will set your imagination on fire if you like your gin with a bit of a kick.
Ginger gins are readily available in shops and supermarkets, but it's sometimes more satisfying to make your own, and when it's this simple and delicious, it's easy to see why more people are doing so.
Spiced gin, such as ginger gin, is ideal for sipping on a cold winter night to warm up your body, but in the summer, a ginger gin cocktail with ice may relieve your thirst on a sunny afternoon.
For this recipe we will be using a whipped cream dispenser + whipped cream chargers so that we can achieve a full infusion in minutes instead of waiting weeks for the natural process.
- 100g fresh root ginger peeled and sliced
- 500ml unflavoured gin (London Dry style)
- The first step is to cut your ginger into slices of 1cm.
- Put your chopped up ginger pieces into your whipped cream dispenser
- Pour your gin into your dispenser - Up to the 500ml line.
- Screw on dispenser head.
- Insert 1 x N20 charger. shake up and down and shake for 10 seconds.
- Put the dispenser down for 1 minute.
- Use another N20 charger and shake for a further 10 seconds.
- Leave to rest for 2 minutes - The longer you leave it the better the results will be. At this stage the infusion would be good enough to consume and enjoy.
- Release gas from dispenser. Hold upright, Put a cup over the nozzle (To catch any reside and liquid that may fly out).
- Unscrew the dispenser top and serve.
Best served neat over ice.