Making Vodka Gummy Bears the old school way took days. You were required to pour vodka into a bowl of bears, cover the bowl, and refrigerate for several days – up to a week which often left the edible vodka sweets soggy and slimy.
This new method using N20 + Whipped cream dispenser takes less than a few hours and results in significantly larger gummy bears. It's so simple, and the bears emerge slightly more firm and less slimy.
For this recipe, we chose gummy bears, gummy worms, and gummy cola bottles to test the method.
Completion time: 1-2 hours. It will take you no more than 5 minutes to place the gummies in your whipped cream dispenser. the rest of the time is waiting for the alcohol to infuse into your sweets.
- Gummy bears
- Alcohol - vodka, Gin, Prosecco - Your preference.
How to make edible vodka sweets
- Fill your dispenser just under the 500ml Fill line with gummy bears / which ever sweets you choose to use.
- Pour your alcohol up to the 500ml Mark covering all of the sweets.
- Screw on the dispenser head.
- use 1 x N20 chargers, Shake for 20 seconds. The use another N20 charger and leave to rest in the fridge for 1-2 hours.
- After 1-2 hours have passed, Release the pressure from your dispenser.
- Screw the head off, Serve and enjoy! :)
- Experiment with the type of sweets you use. You can use Cola bottles, Gummy worms, Haribo cherries to name a few.
- Vodka is always the preferred choice as it doesn't alter the taste of the infused sweets, But you can use what ever you like.